COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus
QUESTIONS? START BY CALLING THIS HOTLINE:
Available from 8:00am-5:00pm daily through MDHHS
Munson’s "Ask a Nurse" COVID-19 question line: 231-935-0951
Governor Whitmer’s Executive Orders from the State of Michigan
JUMP TO REOPENING TOOLKITS
TESTING: In Grand Traverse County you can get tested for COVID-19 at:
- Northwest Michigan Health Services (231-642-5292),
- Rite Aid (231-943-9288) and
- Munson’s Foster Family Community Health Center (231-935-9269).
Please CALL AHEAD to schedule an appointments for all three of these locations.
You can also locate testing sites throughout the State of Michigan, here: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-99891_99912-531745--,00.html
Munson has put together some information specific to their testing location here:
**ALERT: Potential Community Exposure**
• Kilkenny’s Irish Public House, June 26th, from 9:30 - 10 p.m.
• The Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department reports that a resident who tested positive for COVID-19 flew out of Cherry Capital Airport on July 1, 2020 between 12:45 – 2 p.m. Passengers on Allegiant Air Flight 516 from Traverse City, Michigan to Phoenix, Arizona are asked to monitor for symptoms.
• The Chippewa County Health Department reports that a resident who tested positive for COVID-19 flew into Cherry Capital Airport on July 1, 2020. Passengers on Allegiant Air Flight 994 from St. Petersburg, Florida to Traverse City, Michigan are asked to monitor for symptoms.
• Both the airline and the airport have procedures in place and have notified staff and close contacts on both flights.
For more information, please read the July 2, 2020 Press Release.
- YMCA West (Silver Lake Rd location): 6/30 12-1 pm; 7/1 12-1 pm and 3:15-4:30 pm (refer to YMCA member email)
- The GYM Traverse City: 6/29 daily through 7/3 between 12-4 pm (refer to The GYM member email)
- Dillinger’s Pub: 6/28 from 11-8 pm
- Bootlegger’s Bar: 6/28 from 11-8 pm
- Union Street Station: 6/28 from 11-8 pm
- Brady’s Bar: 6/26 (time unknown)
- Cherry Capital Airport: 6/24, Allegiant flight #998, St. Petersburg/Clearwater Florida to Traverse City, arrival at 10:15 am
For more information, please read the July 7, 2020 Community Update
Find Grand Traverse County Community Updates HERE.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SICK?
A helpful decision making tool from the Michigan Department Health and Human Services for potential exposure:
IF you are not seriously ill, we ask that you remain home, take care of yourself, and stay away from others. Find our more about caring for yourself at home here:
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF?
- PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING - in other words, stay away from groups of people and try to remain at least 6ft away from others.
- Work from and stay home if you can. Follow orders from officials including Governor Whitmer regarding group gatherings: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Wash your hands frequently and well: use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Also avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, as this is how germs spread.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a bleach based household cleaning spray or wipe. These are products certified by the EPA to clean COVID-19.
- Call ahead to your Healthcare Provider if you have a serious respiratory illness (most COVID-19 infections will not be serious).
WHAT PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) SHOULD YOU USE?
- The CDC now recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies). Find out more about their recommendations and how to make a face covering (sew and no sew options) HERE.
- Surgical masks and N95 masks are still only recommended for health care workers.
SHOULD I TRAVEL?
- Postpone nonessential travel.
- Evaluate CDC travel guidance prior to travel.
STAY UPDATED ON CURRENT FACTUAL INFORMATION
- Check the Grand Traverse County Health Department’s website regularly: http://gtchd.org/2231/Coronavirus
- Review MDHHS’s website: https://www.michigan.gov/ coronavirus
- Read the latest updates from the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
|HEALTHCARE PROVIDER INFORMATION|
SCHOOL, CHILDCARE, AND IHE INFORMATION
|BUSINESSES AND EMPLOYER INFORMATION|
HOUSEHOLDS AND FAMILIES
RESOURCES FOR ANYONE:
- General Cleaning and Disinfectant Recommendations
- CDC Fact sheet: What to do if you are sick with COVID-19?
**PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY FOR TRAVELERS HEADING NORTH**
**EMERGENCY ORDER (GT-2020-01)
**HEALTH OFFICER LETTER AND ESSENTIAL BUSINESS SERVICES TOOLKIT IN SUPPORT OF EO (GT-2020-1)
**EO Noncompliance Reporting Form
**EO Questions & Answers
July 02, 2020 - New Cases
June 24, 2020 - Possible Exposures at locations in TC (amended)
May 29, 2020 - Mobile Testing
May 29, 2020 - Community Exposure Info
May 7, 2020 - EH services Resume
April 22, 2020 - Tele-Town Hall
April 8, 2020 - Letter from Health Office & EO Toolkit
April 8, 2020 - Local Emergency Order GT-2020-01
April 7, 2020 - Potential Exposure
April 2, 2020 - Second Death in 24 hours
April 1, 2020 - First Death Report in County
March 30, 2020 - Community Transmission
March 28, 2020
March 24, 2020 3 - PPE Donations
March 24, 2020 2 - Potential Exposure
March 24, 2020 1 - Two cases in County
March 22, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 4, 2020
January 24, 2020